Horizons GFA Students Go The Distance
Horizons GFA students have a much higher rate of educational success compared to underserved students in Connecticut.
Horizons GFA’s innovative, self-funded program provides access and opportunity to underserved students. Horizons emphasizes academics, social-emotional earning (SEL) and character development, and exposes students to a variety of social, cultural and recreational enrichment experiences in science, the arts, and athletics.
- PreK-8th grade students gain an average of three months in reading and math each summer
- 90% of Horizons students reach grade level or higher in reading by 4th grade
- 100% of 8th graders enter high school
- 100% of Horizons students graduate on time from high school
- 67% of 2019 high school graduates scored above the college readiness standard in reading and 73% scored above the college readiness standard in math
- 94% of 2016-2019 Horizons college students are persisting toward their degree
Horizons at GFA transforms the future of Bridgeport students by providing a pathway for them to achieve success and build motivation at every step along their educational journey, from PreK through college.