The application for 2020 admission to the Horizons GFA PreK-8 Program will be available by 5:00pm on Tuesday, December 3rd .
What is the Horizons at GFA PreK-8 Program?
- Horizons at GFA is an academic and cultural enrichment program for Bridgeport public school students from lower-income families.
- The PreK-8 program is divided into a six-week summer session, and fall and spring Saturday Academy sessions.
- Students have academics in the morning and a variety of special interest classes in the afternoons, including science, art, music, swimming, and other sports.
- Round-trip transportation from Bridgeport is provided as well as breakfast and lunch during the summer and snack during Saturday Academy.
- Attendance is mandatory: students are required to attend every day for all six weeks of the summer session. Students/families not committed to full attendance every summer will not be admitted.
- There is no fee to apply to Horizons at GFA. If your student is admitted, there will be a $30 registration fee due prior to enrollment.
- We have openings every year in PreK, Kindergarten & 1st grade. Openings will be filled as they occur in higher grades.
Who is eligible to apply to Horizons at GFA?
- PreK students who will be entering a Bridgeport public school kindergarten in fall 2020
- Students in grades K-8 attending a Bridgeport public school
- Students from families committed to 100% participation and attendance
- Students from families meeting the above conditions whose total family income is at or below our set income guidelines