Each year Horizons GFA admits a limited number of new students in PreK, K, and 1st grade. We also fill openings in upper grades if any occur.
2020 admissions will be open from December 1, 2019 through January 31, 2020.
What is the Horizons at GFA PreK-8 Program?
- Horizons at GFA is an academic and cultural enrichment program for Bridgeport public school students from lower income families.
- The PreK-8 program is divided into a six-week summer session, and fall and spring Saturday Academy sessions.
- Students have academics in the morning and a variety of special interest classes in the afternoons, including science, art, music, swimming, and other sports.
- Round-trip transportation from Bridgeport is provided as well as breakfast and lunch during the summer and snack during Saturday Academy.
- Attendance is mandatory: students are required to attend every day for all six weeks of the summer session. Students/families not committed to full attendance every summer will not be admitted.
- There is no fee to apply to Horizons at GFA. If your student is admitted, there will be a $30 registration fee due prior to enrollment.
- We have openings every year in PreK, Kindergarten & 1st grade. Openings will be filled as they occur in higher grades.
Who is eligible to apply to Horizons at GFA?
- PreK students who will be entering a Bridgeport public school kindergarten in fall 2020
- Students in grades K-8 attending a Bridgeport public school
- Students from families committed to 100% participation and attendance
- Students from families meeting the above conditions whose total family income is at or below our set income guidelines.