Thank you for your interest in Horizons at GFA. Each year we admit a limited number of new students in PreK, K, and 1st grade. We also fill openings in upper grades if any occur. We accept applications from November through January.
If you completed a 2018 application and submitted all required documents by the January 31st deadline, you will be contacted by the end of February regarding your student’s status.
What is the Horizons at GFA PreK-8 Program?
- Horizons at GFA is an academic and cultural enrichment program for public school students from lower income Bridgeport families.
- Students have academics in the morning and a variety of special interest classes in the afternoons, including science, art, music, swimming, and other sports.
- The PreK-8 program is divided into a six week summer session, a five week fall Saturday Academy session, and a six week spring Saturday Academy session.
- Round-trip transportation from Bridgeport is provided as well as breakfast and lunch during the summer and snack during Saturday Academy.
- Attendance is mandatory: students are required to attend every day for all six weeks of the summer session. Students/families not committed to full attendance every summer will not be admitted.
- There is no fee to apply to Horizons at GFA. If your student is admitted, there will be a $30 registration fee due prior to enrollment.
Who is eligible to apply to Horizons at GFA?
- Students in grades K-8 attending a Bridgeport public school
- Students in PreK currently attending at Bridgeport public school, or will be entering a Bridgeport public school
- Students from families committed to 100% participation and attendance
- Students from families with total income at or below our set income guidelines