Thank you for your interest in Horizons GFA’s PreK-8 Program. We provide students attending Bridgeport public elementary schools with academic support, social-emotional learning, and enrichment activities during our six-week summer program and school-year activities.
Applications for admission to Horizons GFA will be accepted from now through February 28, 2022.
Horizons GFA (HGFA) is one of three Horizons programs serving Bridgeport students under the leadership of the Horizons Bridgeport organization. The other two are Horizons at Notre Dame High School (HND) and Horizons at Sacred Heart University (HSHU).
HGFA admits new students to grades PreK through 8th; HND admits new students to grades K-4, and HSHU admits students in grades K through 8th.
Horizons Bridgeport expects to open additional affiliates in the future to serve even more Bridgeport students.
Bridgeport schools are divided among the three affiliates and the school an applicant attends at the time of application determines which site their application will be sent to for processing. (Possible exceptions: applicants who have siblings already enrolled in one of the Horizons Bridgeport programs.)
To be eligible for admission at any Horizons Bridgeport site, potential applicants should be able to answer ‘YES’ to the following questions:
- Are applicant(s) and applicant families residents of Bridgeport?
- Does the applicant attend a Bridgeport public, magnet, charter or parochial school?
- Is applicant family committed to 100% participation and attendance?
- Does the applicant family qualify for the free and reduced lunch program?
- If applicant is currently a PreK student, will he/she be entering kindergarten next Fall?