We are experiencing technical difficulties with the 2020 application for admission for new students and are suspending new applications until Friday, December 13. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Estamos experimentando dificultades técnicas con la aplicacion para admision del 2020 para nuevos estudiantes y suspenderemos la aplicacion hasta el Viernes, 13 de Diciembre. Perdone la inconveniencia que les pueda causar.
Thank you for your interest in Horizons Greens Farms Academy in Westport, a student enrichment program for Bridgeport public school students. This page contains information on how to apply to Horizons GFA, please read carefully. For instructions in Spanish, click HERE.
First, please determine if your child is eligible to apply to Horizons GFA:
- Applicants and applicant families must be residents of Bridgeport.
- PreK students who will be entering a Bridgeport public school kindergarten in Fall 2020 are eligible to apply
- Students in grades K-8 attending a Bridgeport public school are eligible to apply
- Students from families attending Bridgeport public schools in grades PreK-8 and are committed to 100% participation and attendance are eligible to apply
- Students from families attending Bridgeport public schools who meet the above conditions and whose total family income is at or below our income guidelines are eligible to apply. Click HERE to view income guidelines.
If your student is eligible based on the above factors, you may complete an application for the PreK–8 Program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: A completed application and required documents must be submitted by JANUARY 31, 2020
- Applicant parent/guardian is responsible for completing all application steps and confirming their receipt by the January 31, 2020 deadline.
- Translation and computer assistance will be available at our Bridgeport office. Contact Luz Sanchez at email@example.com or 203-349-7122 to schedule a help session.
- All eligible students with applications completed by the deadline will be considered for admission. Applicants with incomplete applications will not be considered.
- After the deadline, we will make selections for interviews to be held in February. At that time we will require 2019 income verification (2018 income information is requested in the online application).
- Candidates not being considered for admission will be notified by February 1st.
- Successful candidates will be notified in March and asked to attend Saturday Academy in late April as the final phase of admissions.
Ready to Start?
1) Application: This is an online application only, link is below. Remember to make note of your user name and password. You can save the application and log in again to complete it. When you have finished the application and uploaded the required documents, remember to click the “Save and Submit” button to send the application to us. Once the application is submitted, you can go back in and view it, but you will no longer be able to make changes.
2) Teacher Evaluation: You will need to ask your child’s teacher to complete an evaluation form. The form is online only: please email the link to your child’s teacher and follow up to make sure it has been completed & received. The teacher submits this form directly to Horizons GFA.
LINK TO APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Parent Instructions
LINK TO APPLICATION: Temporarily suspended due to technical difficulties. Check back Friday, December 13.
LINK TO TEACHER FORM (give link to teacher): https://tinyurl.com/t4bdula
Questions? Please call Monique Rutledge at 203-256-7579 or Luz Sanchez (para Español) at 203-349-7122.
If you need to mail us any documents, please use the following address:
35 Beachside Avenue
Westport, CT 06880