EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO APPLY TO HORIZONS GFA IS ON THIS PAGE.
LINKS TO APPLICATION & TEACHER FORM ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE.
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING FIRST SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO IT.
Is my child eligible to apply to Horizons at GFA?
- PreK students who will be entering a Bridgeport public school kindergarten in the fall are eligible to apply
- Students in grades K-8 attending a Bridgeport public school are eligible to apply
- Students from families committed to 100% participation and attendance are eligible to apply
- Students from families meeting the above conditions whose total family income is at or below our income guidelines are eligible to apply
There are three steps to a complete the application for grades PreK–8:
- Apply online
- Email or mail most recent report card
- Give applicant’s teacher the link to evaluation form
5th – 8th grade applicants have an extra step:
You are required to write a short essay about why you would like to join our community and what you hope to gain from Horizons; instructions are at bottom of page.
What else do I need to know?
- Applicant parent/guardian is responsible for completing all application steps by the January 31, 2019 deadline.
- Translation and computer assistance will be available at our Bridgeport office. Email Luz Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- All eligible students with applications completed by the deadline will be considered for admission. Applicants with incomplete applications will not be considered.
- After the deadline, we will make selections for interviews to be held in February. At that time we will require proof of income as well.
- Candidates not eligible for admission will be notified by February 1st.
- Admission decisions will be released in March.
- Successful candidates will be asked to attend an April Saturday Academy as the final phase of admissions.
Ready to Start?
* Application: This is an online application only. Remember to make note of your user name and password. You must remember to click the submit button when you are done; you will get a confirmation email if submitted successfully. If not, go back into the application to see what has not yet been completed. Here is the link to the online application:
* Report Card: Email most recent report card to email@example.com (please put “Admissions” in subject line), OR mail it to Admissions, Horizons GFA, PO Box 998, Greens Farms, CT 06838
* Teacher Evaluation: You will need to ask your child’s teacher to complete an evaluation form. The form is online only: please email the link to your child’s teacher and follow up to make sure it has been completed. The teacher submits this form directly to Horizons GFA. The link you need to email to the teacher is: www.HorizonsGFA/2019TeacherForm.
* 5th – 8th Grade Applicants Only: write a short essay about why you would like to join our community and what you hope to gain from Horizons, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Admissions” in subject line. This is to be completed by student applicant, not a parent or guardian.